Monday, January 2, 2012

Sketch Practice #2




Actually had a very productive winter break... likely caused by simply not having a gaming computer.

I did more monitors, trying to think about function.  It's kind of a struggle for me because Sci-fi stuff never made a lot of sense to me.

Then I copied a couple of more Paul Richards drawings, trying to channel some of his crazy talent.  I did a few monster head doodles of my own but cannot get close to the badassness of Paul, unsurprisingly... maybe one day?

The jeweleries are kind of a warm-up.  I used to write a lot in high school, and one of my made-up worlds contained a civilization of humans that worships crystals.  I chose phoenix as the symbol of royalty and "three" as the number of honor, and tried to come up with designs of emblems and jewelery using both the stone and the animal.

Last sketch - finally stopped beating around the bushes and attempted to design a set of warrior armors that server different functions but belong to the same faction.

Thoughts and advices would be greatly appreciated, thanks!  And... happy new year :)

No comments: