Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Over the summer

Over the 5-week break in the summer, I was lucky enough to have a concept art internship at Gearbox Software for an unannounced title. The internship was short but a lot of fun, and I emerged from it incredibly motivated. The art director kindly allowed me to put a couple of my concept works in my portfolio.




I spent most of the summer nights practicing gesture drawings and participating in forum challenges for fun. I focused on characters because I don't have many character concept pieces.

I found myself working better if I spend a little time up front and think about the scenes and emotions of my character.


1 comment:

Sean Andrew Murray said...

The fist weapon/creature thing is a really neat design, I like that alot! Great textures and color too!

Congrats on your gig at Redfly, sorry things didn't work out over here. You are very talented and are well on your way to becoming an accomplished concept artist.